Sutter Health Engineer, VoIP 3 in Sunnyvale, California
Provides technical design, implementation and validation services for Unified Communications Network Infrastructure technologies. Direct areas of responsibilities include Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions (including but not limited to Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, and Voice Gateways). Interfaces with Network Architecture and Engineering to provide requirements for network engineering, implementation, and operations. Participates in high-level design of infrastructure with experts from other groups. Communicates effectively and continually seeks opportunities to increase internal customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related IS technical field is required or the equivalent combination of education and pertinent/directly related experience.
• Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 6 to 8 years.
• Network infrastructure to include converged IP networks, Routers, Switches, Voice Gateways, VG224’s.
• Strong knowledge (i.e. routers and switches) and strong understanding of VoIP is required (i.e. various types of IP based voice products – Cisco CUCM and various legacy voice PBX vendors/products).
• Design dial plan schemes, trunking, transmissions and reporting of trunking and capacity metrics. Ability to adapt various systems and customer environments to a converged technology (i.e. convert a legacy TDM site to an IPT site).
• Extensive knowledge in VoIP transport such as, H.323, SIP, Inter Cluster trunking, Call Admission and Control mechanisms, centralization of call processing and trunking services and network policy enforcement (i.e. QoS).
• Experience in configuring Cisco IOS based media gateway devices for ISDN PRI connections, as well as an understanding of advanced IP to IP gateway functionality.
• Display knowledge in VoIP network sizing, EVPN networks, and COS traffic classifications.
• Prior experience with legacy PBX phone systems.
• Voice and data network company transport such as; T1/E1, IP using private line networks. Working knowledge of Video H.261 protocols and equipment, IPv4 addressing and router components and functionality.
• Familiarity with next generation technologies such as Unified Communications, Session Border Controller (SBC), and Session Management is a plus.
• IEEE, TIA/EIA Standards desired.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Handle multiple complex projects.
• Act as an advisor or mentor to junior colleagues.
• Work independently with minimal guidance.
• Effectively communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others in a team environment.
Organization: Sutter Health Information Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.