Sutter Health Senior Radiation Physicist - Medical Physics/Sacramento in West Sacramento, California
Provides diagnostic and nuclear medicine physics support in complex situations in radiological instrument use and safety, dosimetry, and radiation safety. Acts as technical expert and information resource person for SUTTER HEALTH entities and outside consults. Composes and diagnoses reports of findings of surveys during consultations. Certifies mammographic units for FDA-MQSA/State of California certification and composes/certifies radiation shielding designs. Makes complex calculations to determine patient absorbed dose from radiographic or Nuclear Medicine procedures.
Education, Licensures, and Certifications:
• Master of Science degree in Physics or Chemistry with emphasis in Radiological Physics/Chemistry, or Health Physics required.
• American Board of Radiology – ABR Or American Board of Health Physics, or American Board of Science in Nuclear Medicine, or equivalent is required.
• Radiology Mammography – RHM Certified for MQSA mammography accreditation required.
• Minimum of 6 years radiation safety and radiological experience in a medical setting. Experience may be waived for educational experience required.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Must be able to work with sophisticated computer-based radiological analysis equipment and be able to translate data obtained from these units into an understandable and readable report format.
• A working knowledge of computer programming in Lotus, Excel, or similar spreadsheets is desirable.
This list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not comprehensive, but is merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, West Sacramento
Organization: Sutter Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.